Friday, December 23, 2011

After lots of thinking and soul searching I realized I am driving my husband up the wall. Well, maybe I came to this conclusion after he told me "Lisa you are driving me up the @#&%$ wall!". Just over 3 1/2 years ago I went from sharing the responsibilities of home, family, our life 50-50 to taking them head on 100%. Over time this moved from 100-0 to about 70-30. I thought I was doing pretty good and I would say Jas thought I was too (this being all in my head of course). But now, as most of you know, he's doing so well, so amazingly well, that he doesn't need me that much anymore nor does he want me giving him direction or taking on stuff and leaving him out. I feel as though we have been transitioning all this time and we were used to doing this 1-2 months after a move or a tour but 3 1/2 years is a long time to be in transition. Needless to say it has taken its toll on all of us and yes I am grateful that we have been able to take this journey (the other road was not one I ever want to take).
Now I need to learn to let go, I definitely need to relax. I hope I can do this and I have been taking small steps towards this since the fall. 2012 is the time to do this even more. Of course it takes two to tango and the changes we have made over all of this time have not been easy or comfortable at times so I forsee that in our future. I am just glad we can do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment