Saturday, March 17, 2012

Just One Little Thing....

http://kellybuckley.com/

I have been reading this book as of late, and there are so many lessons I have learned in it, and so many that have opened my eyes. I had forgotten some anxious moments and habits I had in the past 3 years, it's good to know they do not happen so often now. I have realized I do not like to lock into plans now, whereas before I always wanted plans locked down. I have also released some friendships and have made some hardcore new ones since 2008 and it is because I see the world differently now. And that's OK.

Post traumatic growth is a strange journey but it had made me a better wife, mother and friend. It has made me better at my job as well. I have to park the emotions from time to time but other than that it has helped me at work.

A major traumatic event, and that does not describe it, has recently happened to a friend of mine. I stepped back into June 23 2008. I felt for her so much that it touched the pain, shock and anxiety I had that day. It rocked me. I had hoped to get down home to see her but the weather kept me at bay. I hope to fix that next month. For sure I will get to see her this summer.

Another friend of mine from my past is dying. With such dignity. She is inspirational. So are my parents and in-laws.

I am taking better care of my health, knowing it reduces the anxiety that can well up at any time. Talking with a social worker has been a gift as are my visits to my naturopath.

Jason was publicly affectionate today and at first, there should have been a comfortable feeling but it felt strange. Good but strange and then I realized he hadn't done it in a very long time. Then it felt good again. It almost made me cry but I was too grateful to do that. It was such a in the moment moment and he probably has no idea the effect it had on me but it was joyous.

Kelly Buckley's book has brought me back to the one little thing, to be thankful for one little thing. Cooking for Jacob was a gift this evening, he enjoys my cooking, more so than going out to a restaurant - one more little thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment