Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013-14

Another year has gone by, another year has been added on, Happy Birthday to me. What happened in 2013?

We went from being a military family to a civilian, veteran family. Jason retired after 25 years of service. Proud is not the word!

Jacob finished Grade 9 and entered Grade 10! Not just a smart kid but a caring loving respectful teenager. Who knew we could raise such an amazing individual? Must be the great genetics of the Rowe-Vaters amalgamation!

I had the pleasure of watching Jason finish 2 semesters at school this year, watching Jacob enter Grade 10. My nephews got as year older and cuter. I held two of the sweetest babies in my arms. I got to toast an amazing friend who brought an amazing man into her life and happiness grew. I had my parents and in-laws in my life. Gratefulness.

I had a medical scare myself this year and it opened my eyes again. Another gift. What is important? Health, family, friends.

We visited with family and friends all year long. A priority for our family, this tradition will carry into 2014. It is what soothes my soul, brings peace and a feeling of awe every time we are surrounded by the happiness of such important people in our life.

Laughter has been the best medicine in my life. Hearing a joke or sarcastic witty remark that makes me laugh from my core of my stomach, that is joy. try reading Kelly Oxford new book or her Twitter feed, it will make you LOL. Listen to Keith O tell a story. Sit in a room full of Newfies and the banter will begin. Find a small town and you will find the funny.

I hope that 2014 brings you love, laughter and friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment